The Wolfpack Files

My Life in My Words

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Lawyer Ads

If I don't have a book to read, before I go to bed I generally listen to the
radio. 1010 WINS (you give us 22 minutes, we'll give you the world.) The
other night I heard a lawyer commercial that made no sense. The lawyers
were the kind that want you to get as much money as you can from a
lawsuit. That's all fine and good, I mean, that's what lawyers do, they
get money for you. However this commercial was a little off. In the
commercial they mention a woman, I can't remember her name, but
we'll call her Amy. So in the commercial they say that Amy was offered
a settlement for $2 million. The lawyers then say they told her she turn
it down because she deserves more. Then they say that she was then
offered $4M but that they told her to turn it down because she deserved
more. But that's it! The commercial never goes on to say what they
got her! All they said is she turned down $4M. How does that make me
want to hire these people? From the commercial it seems like all they
can do it make you turn down money, not actually get any. Maybe
I'm reading too much into this, but someone there didn't pay attention
when they were making the commercial because it made no sense.
I mean, in theory, the reason they never ended the commercial was
because they didn't actually get her a penny! They can't lie about it
in the commercial so they just say they made her turn down these huge
amounts to make themselves look good, when in reality they made her
turn down all that money and got her NOTHING!

Lawyers... I'd make more jokes about them had I not gone to law school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home